Video Black, 2014

So many ways to explore lens-based work.  Exciting, but in a detached way!  Not like painting or drawing - not so connected to myself.  This is completely different.  I haven't decided how I FEEL about it, but its nice to just THINK instead of FEEL.  ICY.  Fitting that this image would be made from combining a found, isolated video camera and a snatched pic from a pirated copy of the LEGO movie.  Coldchildishcombines.  Everything I make these days is just a building block taken from something for something more.  Its all very stogy, contained.  That's cool - chill - a recycled and sustainable practice.  Much less draining but not as satisfying as the finger-gnawing energy that goes into the things I actually touch to make (button clicking isn't touching).  Plus, is it art?
LOL
keep your
tongue
in cheek
girl

makes art about art
joins a community
of makers
somehow
believes the sky
isn't falling
right now

and smile
 without teeth

Radiolab Black Box Episode